As COVID-19 continues to spread across the planet, we are seeing disruptions in many aspects of life. Brands need to continuously check how the situation is changing and be aware of how consumers are reacting to these unprecedented circumstances as well as how their lifestyle and habits are evolving.
YouGov has launched a COVID-19 Consumer Monitor in 25 markets across the globe to investigate the changes in consumer behaviour due to the impact of the corona outbreak. We have been tracking changes in consumer intent, shopping behaviour, and lifestyle with an aim to provide insights to business owners and marketing strategists to make fact-based business decisions.
The tracker is currently being run in UAE, KSA, Australia, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Indonesia, India, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Norway, Philippines, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, UK, and the US.
COVID-19 Consumer Monitor subscription package includes:
- 8 waves of weekly Omnibus tracker data
- The sample size is 1,000 people per country per week
- Launches every Wednesday for 8 weeks starting from 11th March
- Weekly results
- Deliverables through YouGov’s proprietary platform crunch.io
- Flexibility to add specific questions only for you
The questionnaire will cover the following topics:
- Awareness and level of fear towards coronavirus
- Personal measures are taken to avoid coronavirus
- Change of online and offline spending across various categories
- Consumer dining patterns
- Media consumption trends
- Changes in travel plans
- And more!
Interested in learning more about the COVID-19 Tracker? Fill out the form below.
Level of fear among people in UAE and KSA -
The latest data from the first wave of YouGov COVID-19 Tracker reveals that 62% of respondents in both the countries who were surveyed between 11th - 18th March said they are ‘very scared’ or ‘fairly scared’ about contracting the Coronavirus. 30%, on the other hand, are not very or not at all scared.